Big Sean and Willie Antonio Hansbro appeared before a judge yesterday for their arraignments for allegedly sexually abusing a 17-year-old female fan.
Reports Buffalo News:
Neatly dressed and surrounded in Lewiston Town Court by family and attorneys, well-known rapper Big Sean and his bandmate looked nothing like the performers fans saw at their concert last month at Artpark.
The two returned to town Tuesday to appear at their arraignments on charges of sexually abusing a 17- year-old female fan who had attended their concert.
The 23-year-old Detroit artist, whose legal name is Sean Michael Leonard Anderson, and Willie Antonio Hansbro, also 23 and of Detroit, were each charged by State Park Police on Aug. 4 with third-degree sexual abuse, forcible touching and second- degree unlawful imprisonment. Each remained free on $500 bail.
Deputy District Attorney Holly E. Sloma asked Judge Hugh C. Gee Sr. to impose a gag order on the case, due to its sensitive nature and age of the victim.
She said in court that a grand jury has already been scheduled, which would automatically move the felony case to Niagara County Court if the rapper is indicted.
Gee said that he would allow the District Attorney’s Office to file a request for a gag order, and he set a return court date for Oct. 11 in Lewiston.
Buffalo Attorney Mark J. Mahoney, who represents Hansbro, told the judge that he objected to a gag order on First Amendment grounds.
“It’s not that we want to try the case in the media,” Mahoney said.
Anderson was represented by Scott E. Leemon, a New York City criminal defense attorney known in the industry for defending rappers. He had no comment Tuesday night.
What Tupac said: